Monday, December 10, 2007



One of favourite scriptures is Isaiah 45, "I will go before....... break down gates of bronze and bars of iron........ There is a lot more to it than those few words but you get the picture. I am also in love with the work that http://ruthrae.blogspot.com/ does. She had a article in Cloth paper scissors or Quilting arts, I forget which one, on doorways. Her work is fantastic and I love the way she designs and brings her pieces together. I got the template for the door from QA and have wanted to have a go for a while. This piece is all done on the embellisher. The base is black acrylic felt which has had a cheap organza embellished all over then some glitzy fibres have been added and finally some angelina. On reflection it didn't need the angelina, either that or I just don't like the look of the angelina this time. The words are just walnut ink stained paper embellished with the organa to hold in place. The inside door is also embellished felt, this time with other layers added, including some painted fusible web.
The jewels done the bottom are the hot glue one that are applied with an applicator.

2 comments:

Judy Morphis said...

Judith, you are so creative and a true artist!

Julie said...

Judith: Always enjoy a visit to your site to see what lovely things you are creating :-) I checked out Ruth Rae and you are right, really great "stuff". Check out Beryl Taylor's site...I think you will like her work. Had a short class with her this year - she is really talented.
http://www.beryltaylor.com/