Sunday, May 25, 2008


Autumnal garden

This is what my husband had to do yesterday, the cut up trees were damaged and ready to fall, infact one of two already had a lean on them so they had to go. A friend came around with a huge chainsaw and helped David cut these trees down.
The other picture is the view from the bathroom window, a glorious tree in its autumn splendour, the leaves are dropping rapidly now, the trees are battening down the hatches getting ready to go into dormancy and sleep away the winter. I know how they feel, I also am tired, would love to go to bed for a few months and wake up refreshed. Raring to go and face the future. Instead at the moment, no stitching, no inspiration, no motivation, just weariness. On a positive note though, we are off on holiday real soon. A lovely family holiday with my boys to visit my Dad and sister in Adelaide Australia. It is my Dad's 80th birthday, and we are going there for a couple of weeks, it will be lovely, nothing nicer than being with family.

2 comments:

Rengin Yazitas said...

Hi Judith,
Thanks for sharing wonderful photos, to see a fall scene is so interesting at the first days of the summer here...
I understand you so well... I usually have same feeling at every autumn.
Congratulations for your Father's birthday...it seems that you'll have a great family reunion soon.
Much Love,
Rengin

Barbara said...

Hello dear friend, I miss your wonderful posts and wonder how you are doing. I know how you feel when you have no incentive to stitch...you want to but the inspiration just isn't there. I do worry about you and hope all is well.

Let us know about your vacation and post some photos. I would love to hear from you.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Barbara