Monday, January 28, 2008

Just wanted to say thanks for the lovely comments. It is heart warming to receive them.
I won't tell you how old this UFO is, suffice it to say that it is a few years. Infact, I had left it so long that I could no longer find tiny bits of materials to make the three points at the top of the stocking. Especially the red.I could find the others. Eventually I found an other pieced block that had a sliver of the red which I was able to cut up to get a little to use. Unfortunately I had to make the points smaller just to get enough. Needless to say, I think I have learnt a lesson - Finish projects or at least keep all your supplies together.
This was a Ribbonsmyth embellishment kit and I am really pleased with the finished result. At the top of the stocking you might be able to see two of Terry's glass icicles. www.myglassgarden.com I love Terry's creations and these two beauties came with the kit. I can now put it away for Christmas.
I love getting things finished, such a sense of achievement. Only thing now is that I have every single scrap of fabric that I own all over the floor, large and small. That will have to wait until tomorrow now, it is bedtime

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love the pictures you have added to your blog - especially of your boys and the family shots.

Your SRE flowers are unbelievable! I know what you mean about finishing up some UFO's - it does feel good doesn't it :-)

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Beautiful boot. The boys photos are wonderful to see on your sidebar.