Friday, January 25, 2008


Hospital block.
A few of us cyber friends participate in making a block for a healing quilt. Barbara of .http://rosesonthewater.blogspot.com/ and Vickie of www.ribbonsmyth.com are the organiser of the quilt. Barbara has blogged about it on her blog, (obviously, duh). This year we are using the colours of lemon/yellow, peach, ecru, green and lilac with a butterflies and spring flowers theme. This block is not pieced as yet. I wanted curves, after reading the last issues of cqmagonline with J Marsha Michler articles on hand piecing and curves I knew I really wanted to do one. I have done curves before on a block of the month that was designed by Vickie of ribbonsmyth. I really liked the curves but also the way the stitching looked. I can't explain what it is but it appeals greatly to me. The colours are a bit dull and nondescript in this photo, they are actually quite nice in real life. Allie and Jules are also blogging about their blocks, see my side bar

No comments: