Sunday, September 02, 2007

The first issue of the new emagazine is out, it is called "Fibre and Stitch" If you haven't subscribed you may want to have a look at their website for yourself. http://fibreandstitch.com/index.htm
Sue B has issued a challenge to everyone via their new yahoo group to make something based on one of their articles. And yes you guessed it. Lutrador and lace. Using cheescloth lace, lutrador and paints. This is my first try and I loved playing.
You lightly freemotion sew your bits just to attach them them start painting. The back first and several layers of different paint on the front. I have used purple lumiere, cream, interference in two colours, gold and a couple of others. It is quite stiff so I am not sure how it will be for sewing.
I want to play more but I have to go and study now. One of the lovely things about lutrador is that the light shines through, yummy.

3 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Oh it looks wonderful! Great job.

Angela said...

This is just beautiful!

Kate North said...

Nice start on this piece, Judith - I look forward to seeing how it develops. Haven't tried it out myself yet, though it's on my list of stuff to do when the kids are all back at school.